Saturday, November 25, 2006

3 new sounds to fill her empty ears

This Bright Eyes album is a collection of his rarities dating from 1998-2005...can't go wrong there right?

I'd like to introduce the newest members of my family to you all. I had to buy music this day to carry me through the next couple of weeks... I've been sick the past week and seeing as I am the type of person who can never quite be sitting or laying still - I spent the better part of yesterday cleaning off my HD and backing all of my music onto my external drive. Forcing yourself to paruse for hours through your music does nothing more than leave you longing for something new and fresh.

This little beauty, well I just love Chan and this is her latest album - which I was too far behind on purchasing in the first place....so yeah, long overdue.

This day the weather was unseasonably warm and pleasant so Hubbers and I made a day of being outside, flitting about the city restaurants, cafe's, and finally my favorite music store. A little dive shop tucked neatly away on one of my favorite avenues. Before I entered the shop I stoppped and clapped my hands and shouted that I couldn't wait to buy 3 new albums. I held 3 fingers high in the air in a way that is so childishly my own. Hubbers asked if I knew which 3 I was going to buy and I happily giggled "No, of course not!" and busted through the front door to begin my search.

If you're a Serge fan, this album is a gold mine compared to the "I (heart) SG" compilation tribute, and I LOVE that album.

I am sure I am not the only person who immediately upon entering a music shop, forgets all the names and titles of the music they have been desiring. Well I've trained myself to counteract this phenomenom, so I headed directly for the correct letters of the alphabet right off the bat....but of course none of my titles were in stock! In any case, I don't feel I made off too badly in the end.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first thing that make me read your blog was your name, lorena, like mine, but now I like to read it because of the things you write.Sometimes I don´t understand some words, but I like to know what it´s happening at the other side of the world,specially the things that happens to lorena, a girl called like me!
sorry for my english!
lorena from the other side...Spain

lorena said...

Hola Lorena - if you don't understand any words I'd be more than happy to simplify them for you, or try to translate, just let me know.

Welcome to my silly little world - I'm glad to have you!

your english is great - no worries there
;)