Monday, March 19, 2007

caffeine-induced randomness

i drank much too much coffee this day.
couple that with the grey sky and muted snow
and a mind that treads repeatedly over past days conversations with strangers
and my conclusion is that i'm manic.
half about to explode with excitement at all the potential newness of my unknown future,
half wanting to crawl beneath soil at the undaunting weight on my shoulders
over all I have to do to prepare to close this chapter once and for all.
it never gets any easier, only more difficult and drawn out.
i'm ready to be a renter again, take away some of the stress.
i never wanted to be an adult anyway,
so screw the harsh judgements I may receive when I depart this cookie-cutter suburban way of life where I am an outsider.

sometimes it is good to tread foreign paths
if only to further solidify your solidarity in the end.
i'm a free spirit and meant to roam.
never be tied down to a location, a house, an object.
a series of tests is all.
enjoy the ride.

No comments: