Monday, March 19, 2007

the ring

i slipped it off of my finger and placed it in a zipper compartment of my purse saturday night.
it was the third time maybe that a friend mentioned the fact that perhaps it should no longer be worn.
I expressed its lack of meaning and admiration soley of it's aesthetic curvature.
the heads shook that it didn't matter.
take it off.
then they made me glance to see that his was no longer worn on his hand,
and that's when I gazed down and removed it.
i have to admit it produced a small pang of sadness +guilt in my side, that my actions or lack of love directly affected such a sweet soul. life isn't fair.
the rituals humans have created, ridiculous.
why can't i wear a fucking ring if I love it? why are you all such conformists? who runs your mind? and look at me the hypocrite, pressured to do something I don't want to do, however my stance is such that i'm sick of nagging complainers and sometimes it's the only way to shut them up in the end!!!

does a place exist where one can just be themselves? raw and untouched by society? if so, point me in that direction and let me the fuck go!

No comments: