Thursday, September 14, 2006

there is a thing

called depression.

from which I suffer.

my head unscrewed a little last night,

and I'm unable to twist it back on right.

the grey morning sky pressed heavy upon me so that I could not lift the covers off of my body this day.

and there I lay flattened under its pressure.

tell me - how will I survive a life in a city which only receives sunlight 3 months out of every year on average?

tell me how?

the air smells like damp wood. like I may slip on it and fall. and injur myself on accident.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I've suffered from the same. Eventually your head does screw itself back on. Promise.

lorena said...

you're so sweet. thanks lady. yeah...the sunny day and resurgence of heat helped reverse its course...but I doubt that's enough to make it stay or last very long. all the same - I appreciate your words.