Tuesday, November 01, 2005

the Be Good Tanya's

They are my newest obsession. They make life a little sweeter. Three weeks ago a friend told me I would love this band so last Saturday I bought their Blue Horse album because I liked that cover best. They put sunshine in my eyes and thoughts of light cotton summer dresses on my limbs...mmmm. I am not Winter's child. I don't fair well. Now it's time to construct the imaginary paper walls with painted summer blossoms falling all around in the corners of my mind... to protect the fragile soul from the harsher elements that lay waiting outside my doorstep every morning. Time to drink cool summer drinks and tiptoe barefoot around the house late at night pretending the overheated wooden floorboards are of southern hemispheres. Playing that summer music in the hopes that it will lift me past one more winter, oblivious.


"We're both gypsy souls and it's time for me to roll
And I'm askin' do you wanna come along
Cause I've gotta get away to sing my song
Oh, be good Tanya, Tanya be good..."

-Obo Martin McCrory


To watch their "Littlest Birds" video please touch your screen right here.

4 comments:

T.T. said...

Yay! Love new music suggestions. And thanks for the 1,000 journals link - super cool. Hope all's well.

Lindsey said...

They look really cool and so...."you." lol.

Will have to check them out.

lorena said...

T - yeah, one of those 1,000 journals has my work in it, only problem is I don't remember which number it was.

Girl of w+P - I'm glad you like them - they are perfection. I love that they love New Orleans - my soul city.

Linny - I feel like them - so that's funny you should say that!

P - close: Little Birds - one of her erotica short story novella's. My mother bought it for me when I was 17 - not knowing what it was but knowing I was in love with her work.

lorena said...

Thanks for the tip H. I'm going to get it very soon, and Jolie Hollands newest one as well.