Wednesday, November 09, 2005

those summer days are gone

::: ::: :::

We were planing on going to Sweden this fall and decided to take a road trip through the American southwest instead. Now I am longing for the familiarity of Scandinavian soil.

::: ::: :::

Every evening Hubby and I would mount our bikes and head over the rolling hills to the local supermarket to pick up treats and beer and I'd lug them back home in my basket. I loved the little basket because it reminded me of the one I had on my bike when I was a little girl. It was white and woven with little pastel flowers.

::: ::: :::

On one of those little trips Hubby got mad at me because I was riding too fast as I was trying to pop a wheelie over a speedbump and it backfired on me - breaking the basket off the bike and our stuff went crashing down to the pavement, flying out everywhere, beer cans denting and fizzing.

::: ::: :::

Oops. I couldn't stop laughing. "Come on...live a little...little sour-puss...aaaw, come on!" My words never work, he often just shakes his head at me.

::: ::: :::

I miss owning a bicycle, I just want a simple, traditional, old-school bike with a basket...just think of the smiles it would put on my face. I saw a really cool chopper style low-rider bike the other day that I'd worship having.

::: ::: :::

4 comments:

T.T. said...

I LOVE your hair...it's curlier than mine! Do you love it or does it drive you bonkers? I wish mine were consistently curly, but I've got curls here and waves there and straight in between. Blah. Anyway, great photos. And the bike: love the bike.

Lindsey said...

I love the pictures!! How often did you guys travel there? I so want to go overseas soon.

lorena said...

T - I've grown to accept the curls.

Lin - about once a year.

Abigail S. said...

If you saw a bike you want, than go buy it! Everyone needs that simple little something that always makes life happy!