Wednesday, September 28, 2005

bluegrass festival

A friend just told me that there is a free Bluegrass Festival this weekend in the park. I am so excited that everytime I try to sit down I start floating up off of my seat and it makes me buckle over and laugh. It is a 2 day - 5 stage set up (Banjo Stage, Rooster Stage, Porch Stage, Star Stage, Arrow Stage).

Some of the performers: Earl Scruggs (whom I'm most excited about), Steve Earle & The Bluegrass Dukes, Doc Watson with David Holt & Richard Watson, Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder, Joan Baez, Dolly Parton, Roseanne Cash, Emmylou Harris.

All free...as much as I tire of 11 years in this city, it's the wonderful events like this that make it truly sparkle to me. I just went and saw Spearhead for free in the park at The Peace festival, and 2 years ago Willie Nelson was free in the park, and a year before that Arrested Development was free...

4 comments:

T.T. said...

Oh! I am so jealous! Looks like you're going to have to clone yourself to catch all of the music...holy cow I didn't know Earl Scruggs was still kickin' it!

T.T. said...

do you know - is Petunia down today?

Lindsey said...

You're going to have sooo much fun. Sunday I'm going to try to go to the American Indian Festival here. It's supposed to be a lot of fun. Dancing, story telling, arts and crafts. i told you I was a dork like that.

lorena said...

t - petunia is taking a little hiatus from bloggerdom I think - focusing on her schoolwork.

l- I want to go to that AI fetival! I used to go to things like that back in NY. if that's dorky I'm a huge dork because I live for things like that, it's precicely the type of festival I can never get any of my friends to come with me to, except my mom and grandmother because it's a way for them to spend time with me.