Wednesday, September 28, 2005

multi-talented roofers

It appears as though our Indian Summer has finally arrived and the air smells sweet and warm as it slides in the windows. The roofers have not arrived today and 2 cleaners have been vacuuming and cleaning my office for the past 2 1/2 hours. Granted they said they would be professionals and when I opened the door the first thing I blurted out was "Aren't you one of the roofers!" and the man with the vacuum nodded yes....hmmm, who cares! I actually have my blinds open and the windows cracked and I'm not wearing earplugs for the first time in over a month! Just those facts alone almost compensate for the fact that they finally put in the new windows a week ago although they are frosted and won't open therefore creating an oven in the office on hot days, and eliminating what was once my favorite view in the house as the windows start at a waist level height and stretch up to the ceiling. Now it just looks like 2 cheesy chicken-wire embedded shower doors....but at least I have that roof and those windows over my head and for that I am more than grateful!

No comments: