Monday, October 17, 2005

and day

This time 16 guests were staying at our friends place so we opted for the campgrounds and some privacy instead. They had us round Saturday morning for coffee and breakfast just the same. Tucked away high in the hills.



Back at the campground the redwoods loomed overhead. At night the full moon cast haunting shadows.



Snack. Sweet Lambic and tart cheese.



Spanish Manchego and soft Swedish cheese



In Italy I learned the true meaning of bitter sweet.



Silence.



I bought a black folding knife so I could whittle too.



There in my lap sit the 3 books I bought Friday evening at the library:
The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli
Downstream by J.K. Huysmans
Residence on Earth by Pablo Neruda [I am not a fan of poems, Neruda used to make me cringe, however I was drawn to him that night and the words I read made me gasp with longing.]

3 comments:

T.T. said...

yummy & fun & beautiful & yummy!

lorena said...

in the shade it was a little chilly, plus I have been fending off a little cold and didn't want to take any chances. otherwise it was in the mid 70's, not too bad.

lorena said...

P - what ?