Thursday, October 13, 2005

mischievous [abridged]

Took the old - rickity Italian cable car home down Market Street today. Had 3 plants on my lap and at my feet. Hid my face behind them. Small smiles. Saw mouths move as they looked at me and pointed at the deep violet orchid. "...beautiful" was the only lip-reading I could make out - the music was blaring in my ears. Banjo music of course.

I tapped my feet and the fern on my lap probably made an annoying sound to others. Actually, probably not. So many smiles, and strangers talking to me. I just decided to keep the edges of my mouth curled up the entire ride, and by the time we reached my stop it stayed there of it's own accord. The warm air hovered around my slow movement home. Today was my Friday. In one hour I will pick Hubbs up at the airport and tomorrow we will drive down to Big Sur and camp alone this time in the middle of the redwoods.

[Words can become easily misconstrued here, and as I feared they would - they did, so I took them down and put them away in hiding. I don't feel like explaining myself so I won't. This day I feel like taking them all away and I just might. Still pondering.]

No comments: