Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I'm nervous

Tomorrow night I will be receiving my first banjo lesson. The husband of a friend of mine is in a bluegrass band and their banjo player will be my teacher. He is giving me the lesson free but I'll tip him generously for his time of course....holy shit I'm so nervous. I've practiced at least an hour every day, and over 4 hours yesterday, and Birdie is in my arms now as I write this during a small break. I should be thrilled but instead I feel like I'm going to puke, when did I become so afraid of strangers?

4 comments:

T.T. said...

You + Birdie will be great. Once the music starts a flowin', doubt will strip away...go get 'em, tiger!

Lindsey said...

You'll be awesome! Don't worry. I hate learning things in front of people...I'm so self consciece.

kan said...

When you get to the point: you oughta post an mp3 of you and Birdie singing your first full tune together. Good luck, enjoy!

lorena said...

thanks guys. It's excited nerves no doubt.

Kann - last night I played my 2 songs to a friend over the phone and she couldn't stop laughing - it was awesome. I took it as a compliment from her. It will be some time before I make a recording but I sure hope to some day. Need to feel comfortable playing faster...and I'll spare you the sounds of my voice when I do it, trust me - you don't want to hear that.

(brooks - your last comment made me laugh because you know - you're so right)