Sunday, October 09, 2005

yesterday seems like forever ago

Woke up early Saturday in Big Sur with Birdie and sat a few hours watching the sun burn the fog off while my legs dangled from this porch.



Bare foot in the dry dirt and free. Friends who were headed southbound took me down Friday night to catch the Swedish Film Festival. Then to your remote home tucked deep in the redwoods.



This is the poem I made on your refrigerator when Ramblin' Jack was telling us bits of stories over breakfast. I was heartbroken and didn't want the day to end.



The Swedish Viking Ship I imagine us all drifting away in someday.

4 comments:

mae said...

you have awesome pics.

kan said...

Lovely, lovely stuff. What a peaceful couple days you have conveyed here. Thank you for sharing.

The Sanity Inspector said...

Nice photos; this amateur is most impressed!

If you like old photos you might have a look at this book: Hidden Witness: African-American Images from the Dawn of Photography to the Civil War.

lorena said...

hey thanks for the tip - I'll check it out. you should check out Birney Imes - he is one of my favorites:

http://www.photoeye.com/templates/mShowDetailsbycat.cfm?Catalog=SQ052