Monday, August 22, 2005

lewis powell's twin

I saw Lewis Thornton Powell's skater twin at a party last night. Sitting on my husbands lap I pointed the twin out to him in the small audience of us watching the other skaters shred in an empty mini pool in my friend's back yard. I couldn't take my eyes off of him and my husband whispered to me that he could go and punch him in his left jaw to complete the boy's look, make him more authentic. Then we smiled at each other and I hugged him tight and kissed his cheek.

See, Hubby knows that Lewis Powell was kicked by his pet mule when he was young and it broke his jaw, making it more prominent than the other. Hubby's favorite picture of Lewis also happens to be a profile mug shot where his jaw looks disfigured and immense in proportion to the rest of his face making him appear freakish and in other words...ugly (according to Hub).

When we were leaving the party I had to make an urgent pit stop inside to use the ladies room and wouldn't you know the twin was waiting outside the bathroom. I paused at first and then I kept walking and entered the kitchen out of his sight and upon seeing people turning around to look at me I opened the refrigerator door, glanced at the food, closed it and walked back by the twin and ran down the stairs and outside. A few moments after we got inside our friends car to begin the long drive home I began wincing and whispering to Hub that I had to go to the ladies room so bad.
He whispered loudly "Didn't you just go?"
- "No"
- "Well why not?"
- wincing "Baby! Because Lewis was standing there and I knew I would say something stupid and scare him away. You don't understand!"
- "Oh my God...Baby!" he shook his head and looked out the window, but I could see his big cheeks smiling.

1 comment:

lorena said...

i'll comment on my own damn post,ti voglio bene...