Tuesday, August 30, 2005

up by 7am

This is the first sight I see every morning these days. Because I work in the photo world and every day is a new shoot with new call times, different studios, etc, I have to write a note to myself on a 1/4 piece of recycled paper every night and tape it to my alarm clock with three pieces of tape.

I always have to figure out my wake time, leave the house time, and call time. It sucks and I hate it but otherwise I'll be all anxious in the morning and not know why I'm waking up and then I can't enjoy my snooze time which is crucial to my having a pleasant morning! It also serves to cover the digits on the clock so I can't see what time it is, therefore I avoid my night time insomniac anxiety where I have to look at the clock every minute, and then deducting that from the time I have to wake up the next day to see how mow many hours and minutes of sleep I'd get if I fell asleep right that instant!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I do the same thing...I have to leave post its everywhere so I won't forget. I even have to tape my rent check to my front door so I'll remember to drop it off.

My OCD relates to checking the door locks. Over and over again.

lorena said...

Ha! I have a little post-it taped to my door that simply says RENT. Our friends always laugh and put their finger on it and say "heh-heh 'rent', that's a good idea", and oddly enough it's always at the end of the month.

Do you have a fixed numer OCD? I'm always so super curious to hear all the details of others OCD's.