Sunday, August 28, 2005

now there's a sexy red-head

Last night I dreamt that I married Willie nelson. Here's how it started: I was about to enter a grocery store and while I was walking through the empty parking lot I noticed Willie Nelson walking my way so I whistled at him (the whistle you make when you see a sexy person) and shouted "Now theeeere's a sexy red-head!". I kept walking and he looked over at me suddenly and then shouted back in his grainy voice "You said it, now THERE'S a sexy red-head!". I proceeded into the grocery store and a few minutes later he came walking up to me, he had been looking for me, we started talking and then I walked him out to his red beat-up truck in the parking lot. A little 4 year old boy was sitting in the driver seat who called Willie "Daddy". That's when I realized that I had blonde hair and that Willie was drunk and about to drive with this little boy in his car. I was bummed at this minor imperfection as I had felt strongly attracted to him.

Willie told me he felt a strong attraction to me and that he wanted to take me out sometime and I told him that I didn't date drunks and that if he wanted to do that he'd have to sober up for at least 6 months first. I drove them home and then we went our separate ways. Then my dream proceeded to follow Willie around as he cleaned up his life, sobered up, bought a house in the town I lived in to settle down in (because he was only passing through on tour).

Then he came and found me at work one day and professed his love and told me he had changed and that he wanted to take me somewhere. He drove us to his new home in his red truck and in the meantime he had all of my family and his at the new house waiting to surprise us. They had all been there a while as they were moving all of my things into his place and when we arrived they all shouted 'surprise!' and he got down on his knee and proposed to me. I accepted and we all got in a circle holding hands and danced around a huge world globe in the middle of one of the rooms.

Then the scene swapped to him on tour and he and I were walking with our arms around each other and my long straight blonde hair was blowing back in the breeze as he and I looked each other in the eyes and smiled. I loved him something fierce.

Then I woke up and mumbled my dream to Hubby while I wiped my eyes. And he said "Hmm, a 40 year age difference...that should be nothing to you since you already had a 30 year difference." See that's the one drawback about being friends before lovers, neither one of you forgets any of that shite. Anyway, in the meantime my heart is all-a-flutter over this picture of my second red-headed husband, I am experiencing one of those painful dream-induced crushes.

1 comment:

lorena said...

oh man, what a dream! it's always such a strange sensation for me waking up after dreaming about babies.

I think you'd be such a great mother P.