Sunday, August 28, 2005

my best fiend klaus kinsky

We just netflixed the documentary My Best Fiend Klaus Kinsky and I highly recommend it. Werner Herzog traces back over the 6 films he directed Germany's star actor Klaus Kinsky in and tells of their love-hate relationship. My favorite was when one of the tribal chiefs that was an extra in one of the films, offered to kill Kinsky for Herzog, and he wasn't joking. And that Herzog actually hatched a plan to kill Kinsky himself at one point later on. Klaus Kinsky, what a freak...

2 comments:

lorena said...

great P - let me know what you think!

lorena said...

Yep, the Grizzly Man Guy, I haven't seen that yet though actually. "Little Dieter needs to Fly" is also a good documentary. I think when it comes to his movies I really want to see Nosferatu and Woyzeck.