Wednesday, August 17, 2005

pure evil

I was just reminded of something. The cousin of the friend who went to Graceland with me bought an Elvis Presley purse a few weeks after our trip. She then asked my friend if she thought it would make me jealous when I saw it. My friend told her that it probably would. Her cousin then said "Good" and smiled. Evil. Pure evil. As it happens 75% of my friends are male, maybe more, and it's for reasons just illustrated that I tend to be more trusting of men when it comes to companionship.

I think that ever since I heard about that comment she made I began referring to her as my friend's cousin rather than my friend as she had always pretended to be. And no I was not jealous when I saw the rhinestone studded purse with a typical image of Elvis on it and fluorescent smudges of faux retro style paint dabbled on it. I found it hard not to laugh when she showed it to me knowing that she thought I was jealous of it.

1 comment:

lorena said...

That is very big of you to admit that jealousy Sweetie. I suppose I would have been envious if someone got to meet an artist I really admired as well, but only if I felt they didn't appreciate it. I never did get to meet him you know, just his "entourage", and from what I heard about from our friends interactions with him, I'll say this, it left absolutely no desire in my heart to meet him...ever!

A good friend of mine got to meet Ray Manzarek back when I was very painfully in love with Jim Morrison. I was so jealous, I think I may have even yelled at her because that's the type of 15 year old idiot I was. Maybe not, but in my head I know I yelled at her. She is the only firend I invited to go and stay down there with Lou, because I knew she loved his music just as much as I did. I always felt she could have brought me to meet Ray if she really wanted to, so I wanted to treat her like I expect to be treated. It's my cardinal rule if I've learned anything so far in this life. Do not to others what you do not want done to yourself.