Friday, August 26, 2005

yay - you're not my brother anymore baby!

Two months ago I decided to dye my hair dark brown, partly so that my husband and I would no longer be mistaken for siblings as we both have the same red hair color, same dark eyes, same pale skin and freckles (same color palette as I like to refer to it).

Anyone who knows my husband and I know that I attack him on a regular basis with hugs, kisses, and love punches. Apparently strangers have been offended by this to the point of voicing their disgust to ME by approaching me and telling me to "stop kissing your brother inappropriately". Yes, this really happened, twice now. The effect this had was that I became insecure about showing my affection to him in public.

So I told my hair stylist to make me super dark at my last appointment. A few days later he and I were standing in line at the airport when I first realized I didn't have to fight the urge to throw my arms around him in public any longer. I jumped up and down once and then leapt at him, throwing my arms around his shoulders and squeezing him and shouting "Yay! I can kiss you in public now and no one will yell at us for being brother and sister!" Then I accomplished one or two quick cheek pecks before he turned crimson and put his hand up to cover my mouth and then put the index finger of his free hand over his mouth and "Baby! shhhhhhhhhhh"-ed me.

"wwwhaaaat..?" I whispered slowly while grinning really big. He simply shook his lowered head and added a big smile to his blushing face. This is very typical of our interactions.

2 comments:

lorena said...

nope, he's a redhead just like moi.

lorena said...

although, it gets strawberry blonde in the summertime...