Friday, August 26, 2005

my little pussies are going ape-shit!



The incessant and horrifically loud noise the roofers are making these past few days is making my cats crazy. Aside from hiding in strange places and acting like little ape-shit monsters, they won't eat their food. When I see their food dish still half full upon returning home I am shocked, they usually eat it all as soon as I pour it in their dish. Instead of being worried about them like I should I am actually a little pleased by this because they are overweight according to their vet (and all of our meaner friends who laugh and call them fat names). So I stood there shamefully thinking "yesss, good...they could stand to shed a few pounds heh-heh".

What a dip-shit I am. And I'm actually thinking of having kids someday? I can't help but think I'm prone to be a bad parent whenever I catch myself thinking things like that in my head about my cats. I had always thought The Little One was little until his first vet visit 2 months after we got him. The visit started like this:

Vet says as T.L.O. popped his head out of his carrier "Oh what a tiny little head you have..." And then when the rest of T.L.O. stepped out "...on such a big body!" And then turning and saying scornfully to me "Oh he has to lose weight, he's much-much too big Lorena!"

He ended his sentence by saying my name, I was mortified. The cat isn't even that big! In any case, ever since that day, I look at T.L.O. as a mini beach whale and now sometimes we joke and call them little fatties and make fat jokes.

The bigger cat was always big but that's because he's italian. I got him as a kitten whil I lived in Italy, and then I brought him back with me when I moved back to the U.S. The cats in Italy are larger, like raccoons. When I call him fatty I say it in Italian so he'll understand me. It's mean I know....bad Lorena. Bad.

7 comments:

cookie monster said...

when my 2 get fed i always retch a little at the smell of catfood.

and they keep bloody playing with my socks!

Slitely Askew said...

Hello - I found your comment interesting so took a look at your profile. I was surprised to see Bubba Ho-tep on your list of movies. I don't know that many people that have seen it - or liked it for that matter. I also have an OCD. Weird...or not....lol.
-Melissa

Slitely Askew said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lorena said...

CM - my big cat used to steal my socks too - and hide them, and at one point he used to actually fetch them if I threw them, only he wouldn't bring them back to me, he'd run the opposite direction of me.

SA - that's one of my favorite movies and yes there were elements of cheeze, but that just made it even better!

PM - I'm glad the pics make you laugh, I can't help but laugh too because the pics make them look like little monsters and they are both actually super lovey-dovey sweethearts (when the roofers aren't making them crazy).

lorena said...

hey SA - what are some of your OCD's if you don't mind sharing?

Slitely Askew said...

I have Trichotillomania - basically I pull out my hair. That's my only diagnosed OCD.

lorena said...

ouch!?